Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park, a division of Romain Automotive Group and an operating unit of United Companies, is hiring a Detail Technician for our Fixed Operations team location. This full-time or part-time hourly and non-exempt position is responsible for ensuring strong internal and external customer relations through safely and efficiently cleaning and detailing vehicles and other equipment.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Perform a thorough cleaning of each vehicle according to the work order, which includes interiors and exteriors, such as ceilings, walls, flooring, carpets, dashboards, seats, windows, mirrors, vents, washing, scrubbing, waxing, polishing, vacuuming, and drying.
• Inspect parts, equipment, or vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
• Perform work with both speed and thoroughness to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
• Exercise good judgement and follow recommendations to conserve resources, such as cleaning and reconditioning products.
• Maintain inventories of supplies.
• Monitor operation of cleaning equipment and tools.
• Accurately document any additional work performed to enhance the vehicle’s appearance.
• Keep work areas, equipment, and supplies in a professional state of operation and cleanliness.
• Drive vehicles to and/or from the dealership to other designated locations.
• Follow safety guidelines and practices in all business activities, including the safe operation of vehicles and obeying all driving/traffic laws as well as dealership expectations.
• Effectively communicate to Management on any additional time or resources needed to complete work.
• Work collaboratively with co-workers, as assigned, to complete departmental tasks.
• When equipment/supply malfunctions occur, stop usage and promptly notify management.
• Promptly escalate any customer conflict issues to Management.
• Attend dealership and departmental meetings and training, as directed by Management.
• General: Ensure prompt and regular attendance. Travel as business needs may require. Perform other appropriate duties as may be assigned by management.
• Quality & Continuous Improvement: Personally, commit to quality in all aspects of work. Participate in and promote the established Quality Improvement Process (QIP) for continuous improvement. Participate on teams to research, measure and correct problems and to strive for process improvement. Communicate and exemplify the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values, and Philosophy.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
• Education: High school diploma/equivalent is minimally required.
• Experience: Prior automotive detailing experience is preferred, but not required.
• Skills & Abilities: Demonstrate a strong customer-focused mentality.
• Perform work with a sense of urgency because there are continual deadlines needing to be met throughout the workday.
• Ability to work effectively in various weather conditions.
• Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills.
• Be detail oriented in assessing customer needs, fully completing the work order, and meeting quality standards.
• Ability to stoop, bend, twist to reach over and around the entire vehicle, and work the majority of the day standing on concrete/hard surfaces, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Wear approved uniforms in good repair for professional appearance.
• Must possess and continuously maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify as circumstances or business needs require.
At Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park we put the focus on the CUSTOMER!
Since 1964, the Romain Automotive Group has experienced continuous growth throughout its years of business. Dedicated to selling, leasing, and servicing new and used vehicles in a retail setting, the group owns and operates an expanding automobile network in Indiana. Since its inception, Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park has sought to deliver to each customer a unique dealership experience. The dealership’s pursuit of quality customer service is paramount and comes from our commitment to ongoing company and vehicle manufacturer training. Romain Cross Pointe continues the tradition of finding the right transportation solution for each customer.
Romain Automotive Group is a multiple-year recipient of national automotive certifications, such as the Subaru Stellar Performer Program, GM Mark of Excellence, and GM Standards for Excellence. Additionally, dealership management is actively involved with many local, regional, and national automotive organizations. Visit us at www.myromain.com to learn more.