Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park, a division of Romain Automotive Group and an operating unit of United Companies, is hiring a Business Development Coordinator for our Cross Pointe team location. This part time hourly and non-exempt position is responsible for effectively operating our multi-line phone system, greeting customers and other business contacts, and being a professional source of information and service to others. Assists customers in setting service appointments or locating the proper personnel. Also provides general administrative support functions, as directed by Management.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Process Incoming Service Appointment Requests: Promptly and professionally assist customers contacting the BDC for service appointments. Follow the requirements of the Romain Service Process to schedule appointments. When setting the appointment, verify the customer’s name, address, telephone numbers (home, work and/or cell), e-mail address and information on the vehicle to be serviced such as year, make, and model vehicle year, as well as the type(s) of service that needs to be completed during the service appointment. Also checks Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) for open recalls in the designated software system(s). Promptly and accurately enter appointments into the designated software system(s). Follow company guidelines and scripts for answering the phone, setting appointments, follow-ups, etc. The Service Scheduler will take appointment calls, estimation calls, open recall calls, overflow for updates, etc. Most technical calls and status calls should be transferred to the appropriate Assistant Service Manager (ASM).
- Perform Outgoing Service Calls: Perform outgoing calls, following the priority call list. Utilize company scripts for professional and productive calls. Perform warranty and service follow-up calls within 24-48 hours after service has been completed, with the purpose of ensuring that the customer is completely satisfied with the service they received during their last service appointment. Educate customers about the dealership experience survey they may be receiving from the manufacturer of their vehicle. Advise that if the customer cannot answer as “completely satisfied” to any of the questions on the survey, to share their concerns with us so that we can address those concerns. Follow up to ensure that customer contact is completed. Perform General Motors OnStar notifications, which should be contacted via telephone and e-mail in the mornings as they come through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Advise customers on services that need to be completed and attempt to schedule a service appointment. Perform customer calls regarding Special Order Parts (SOP), which should be conducted the same day that the part is delivered to the dealership. Advise customers of their part’s arrival and attempt to schedule service for the part’s installation. Use 30-day follow-up guidelines and record all notes and completed to-do’s in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Perform calls on open Campaign list from General Motors and Subaru. Verify that the recall service has not yet been completed on the vehicle by checking the vehicle history in the appropriate manufacturer’s software. Utilize the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to document customer information, complete to-do’s, insert notes, set appointment reminders, etc.
- General: Attend and participate in regularly scheduled sales and company meetings. Attend specialized training meetings as required by management and/or the manufacturers. Maintain work areas in a clean, neat, safe, and orderly fashion. Support company rules, policies, procedures, and initiatives. Generate and execute on business plans and goals at least annually. Ensure prompt and regular attendance. Perform other appropriate duties as may be assigned by Management. Travel as business needs may require.
- Quality & Continuous Improvement: Personally commit to quality in all aspects of work. Provide “World Class Customer Service” for internal and external customers. Participate in and promote the established Quality Improvement Process (QIP) for continuous improvement. Participate on teams to research, measure, and correct problems and to strive for process improvement. Communicate and exemplify the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values, and Philosophy. Full-time employees must attend at least ten (10) credit hours of training each calendar year to continue development of work-related skills.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Education: High school diploma/equivalent is minimally required.
- Experience: Previous experience handling multi-line telephone system is preferred. Previous experience representing a business, in person and via telephone, to large corporations as well as individual customers.
- Skills & Abilities: Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor. Strong customer service orientation and mindset. Strong business, social, interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills. Must maintain professional appearance. Must maintain confidentiality of customer-related and business-related information. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Strong work ethic and positive attitude. Highly organized and task oriented with strong follow-up skills. Must possess and continuously maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify as circumstances or business needs require.
At Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park we put the focus on the CUSTOMER!
Since 1964, the Romain Automotive Group has experienced continuous growth throughout its years of business. Dedicated to selling, leasing, and servicing new and used vehicles in a retail setting, the group owns and operates an expanding automobile network in Indiana. Since its inception, Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park has sought to deliver to each customer a unique dealership experience. The dealership’s pursuit of quality customer service is paramount and comes from our commitment to ongoing company and vehicle manufacturer training. Romain Cross Pointe continues the tradition of finding the right transportation solution for each customer.
Romain Automotive Group is a multiple-year recipient of national automotive certifications, such as the Subaru Stellar Performer Program, GM Mark of Excellence, and GM Standards for Excellence. Additionally, dealership management is actively involved with many local, regional, and national automotive organizations. Visit us at www.myromain.com to learn more.