Job: Quick Lube Technician
Quick Lube Technician
Evansville’s premier auto dealership, Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park, is hiring a Full-Time Quick Lube Technician. This entry-level position is responsible for safely and efficiently ensuring that maintenance inspections and service are performed as required by manufacturers, ensuring pre-delivery service on new and pre-owned vehicles, and providing a high level of customer service. This position will typically work Monday-Saturday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM, with a day off either on Saturday or during the week. Vehicles need to be serviced correctly the first time and customer service ratings need to meet and exceed established standards.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Vehicle Servicing: Perform work as outlined on the repair order(s) with thoroughness and speed, ensuring vehicles are correctly fixed the first time, every time. Discuss and/or escalate to management any special conditions or circumstances. Request additional time and/or assistance needed to complete repairs, if necessary. Inspect vehicles for possible additional servicing needs, obtain pricing quotes for parts/service needs, advise the Assistant Service Manager so that the customer can be notified. Perform additional repairs as authorized. Keep working area clean and professional looking.
- Administration: Properly, thoroughly, and accurately document the customer complaints and the repairs made to correct problems. Return and tag all warranty-failed parts to the Parts department, and all parts with core charges. Use company systems as directed to ensure proper documentation. Wear approved uniforms in good repair for a professional appearance.
- Training: Must satisfactorily and timely complete factory-sponsored training classes to comply with technical bulletins and directed concepts. Must also annually complete 5+ training hours of internal company-provided training.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 2+ years of prior automotive servicing experience.
- Skills & Abilities: ASE certification is preferred or the ability to obtain it within the first year of employment. Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. Ability to stoop, bend, and twist and work on hard services throughout the work day. Dedication to customer service excellence in all interactions. Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality in all aspects of work. Must possess and continually maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving history. Must satisfactorily complete company assessments and pre-employment checks.
- Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, and other voluntary insurance programs
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA’s) and health savings accounts (HSA’s)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match dollars
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Employee discounts on vehicle sales and service, mobile phone plans, Planet Fitness membership, etc.
- Access to training and development tools and resources towards expansion of personal skill and career development
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.